Question about Dryers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I posted this some time ago, but it is useful to your problem so here it goes:
It sounds like you convergence amplifiers are about to malfunction. If possible can you post a picture of what is happening. Again by the description you gave it sounds like the convergence amplifiers.
If you go to a shop the cost will about $400 - $500 (includes parts and labor).
If you do it yourself the cost will be about $25.00 - $50.00 (includes parts labor is free)
If you choose to do this yourself, here are the basic instructions:
1. Unplug the TV set
2. Take the rear bottom panel off
3. look for a large heat sink with two large black ICs (STK392-110) (6 sided components but rectangular in shape) on it, and remove the board the ICs are on from the TV set.
4. Unsolder the components using a soldering iron and a suction solder remover.
5. disconnect the components (ICs) from the heat sink
6. Unsolder all of the bias resistors and replace them with the proper values (usually 220, 150, 3.3, 2.2, and 3.9 ohms)
7. install the new ICs (STK392-110)
8. solder all connections IC and bias resistors
9. Inspect for shorts
10. reinstall circuit board
11. Plug the TV set in and turn it on.
Remember also check the deflection circuit for green since blue and red seem to be working.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2016 | Samsung DV328AEW Front Load Electric Dryer
Nov 08, 2007 | Televison & Video
Oct 31, 2015 | Samsung Dryers
Aug 16, 2015 | Samsung Dryers
Jan 03, 2015 | Samsung WF218ANW 4.0 cu. ft. High...
Nov 18, 2012 | Samsung 7.3 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer
Sep 12, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet 7.0 Cu. Ft. Super Capacity...
Aug 15, 2011 | Samsung Dryers
Feb 02, 2009 | Hotpoint TDL15 Electric Dryer
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!