Question about Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Please perform the following steps:
1. 'Turn on the power' to the unit and raise the 'cartridge access cover'. The cartridges will move towards the 'center'.
2. After the carriage (the cartridge holder) stops, unplug the 'power cord' from the back of the unit. This will keep the cartridges from moving back to the 'capping station'.
3. Remove the cartridge(s) from the carriage.
4. Using a soft, clean, lint-free cloth or a cotton swab lightly moistened with distilled, filtered, or bottled water and gently clean the 'face', 'edges' and the 'electrical contacts'. (Change to a clean cotton swab as needed).
CAUTION: Be careful not to touch the ink nozzles on the bottom of the print.
5. Inside the All-in-One, clean the contacts in the print carriage with a slightly dampened soft, clean, lint-free cloth. Allow the electrical contacts to dry completely.
Note: Please do not insert the cartridge before performing the steps given below.
Check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, please perform a power-cycle on the unit.
1. Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet.
2. Unplug the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Wait at least 20 seconds, then plug in the supply back into the wall outlet.
4. Plug in the power supply back into the printer.
5. Press the power button to turn the printer on.
Now verify the result.
If the issue persists, please replace the cartridge and verify the result.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 15, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 11, 2011 | HP Color Laserjet 3550 Printer
Nov 11, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
Feb 05, 2010 | Samsung CLP 315 Laser Printer
Sep 29, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 09, 2008 | Lexmark X2600 InkJet Printer
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: