This morning i woke to put some new songs on my itouch..and it wont even load up to the home screen it says your ipod has been disabled....i guess because i havent used it in like a month..it just been sitting on my bed in the box...but do i do
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hold down the power and home keys down for about 10 seconds each while
plugged into itunes. When the screen goes black, release the power
button but keep holding the home key until itunes says. We have
detected an itouch in recovery mode.
If your itouch reads "disabled connect to itunes" and shows the "locked" icon and your itunes will not even recognize the device and itunes says your itouch is locked and enter password, Here is what you do to restore your itouch: (you will lose all itouch contents but it is worth it as almost all say it is broken and worthless)
1. Turn off your itouch or ipod. Do not have charger / usb connected to ipod or itouch.
2. With device off, connect the charger end of the cable to the itouch / ipod but do not plug the usb into the computer.
3. Open Itunes
3. While holding down the menu button (and I mean keep holding it down), plug the usb into the computer.
4. Wait to see the new wonderful graphic on your device and computer screen that shows that your ipod / itouch is recognized.
Your itouch will start immediately restoring itself and you are ready to fill it up with wonderful images, photos and videos again!
So happy to share this tip. It saved me money and time.
While your itouch is connected to your computer, and itunes is open, press and hold the sleep/off button (the one on the top of the itouch) until the slider comes up on the screen. Slide the slider to turn off the itouch. Now, press and hold the home button (the one right below the screen) and at the same time, press the off/sleep button again. Hold both until you see your itunes page bring up a "restore" feature. Unfortunately, when restoring, you will lose all data (songs, etc..) Hopefully, you have this data in itunes and can easily download it back onto your itouch. This is the only thing that works. Sucks that you lose everything, but at least your itouch will once again work....
if your father deleted your song library then you will have to download your music again. same with your apps if your restore all that will do is load a new copy of your ipod software in the ipod. it won't help with getting your songs back it will help with removing the password lock.
If you just plug your iPod into the computer, it should work fine. I forgot my password once, and I plugged it in, and it worked and didn't take off the songs. As long as you plug it into the computer you put songs onto the iPod from, it shouldn't be a problem.
i had the same problem. this is all the steps needed, calling apple isnt necessary.
first: press down on the top power button and on the menu button
second: keep pressing, eventually the screen to turn it off will pop out. ignore it and keep pressing.
third: the itouch will turn off completely but dont stop pressing
fourth: the apple sign will come out. you may now release.
fifth: now you should be able to connect to itunes that will restore your ipod.
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
if you do not know your passcode then make sure it is plugged in 2 the cp and make sure the itouch is on the screen where it says enter passcode. then you hold the power and home button at the same time until the itouch completely turns off and then you keep on holding both buttons until the apple logo again. and after that appears, you let go of the power button but you keep holding the home button until the itouch says its connected to itunes. and then you are allowed to access it on itunes. then you need to restore it and it will restore ur hole ipod and there will not be a passcode anymore
Itouch always ask folder to store music when down loaded from wifi you should have clicked yes to over write.So old songs have been over writed . Always sycne before downloading new songs or choose new folder for it.