Question about Dell OptiPlex 360 Desktop Computer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
download n install "TweakUI"..this'll help..
to b on safe hands, do the following:
2)hva licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
3) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
4) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'removeallthe unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what toremove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each nevery tabs herein)..
5) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
6) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
7)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(un check on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical error occur'..
8) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
9) if problem persists try reinstalling os..
for better supervision, contact ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
The windows might be corrupted. You could try editing the windows registry. here are the steps:
In order to delete upper and lower filters you're going to have to edit the registry. The usual cautions apply. If the registry is not edited properly your whole system can crash.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
last option, you could try installing imgburn. here's the download link: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
If nothing happens, your dvd drive is bad.
Posted on Jan 16, 2011
Testimonial: "There were no filter names in the registry. Img Burn did not recognize CD. Your suggestions were appreciated and helped id a bad drive. Thank you."
hey, if the machine boots into windows but doesnt show the cdrom drive in my computer, might be you have had norton on in the past theres a common fault that makes the drive disappear, the fix is on this page http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww-secure.symantec.com%2Fnorton-support%2Fjsp%2Fhelp-solutions.jsp%3Fdocid%3D20090430144107EN%26lg%3Denglish%26ct%3Dunited%2Bstates%26product%3Dhome%26version%3D1%26pvid%3Df-home%26entsrc%3Dredirect_pubweb&h=jAQEyPa4V
if the drive aint showing in the bios, make sure you have the jumper on the drive set correctly to either slave or master depending on how its cabled. hope this helps ;)
Posted on Jun 12, 2012
Testimonial: "The suggestion to remove the cmos battery worked to get my hard drive back. So I was back to where I started. The suggestion to correctly jumper the CD-Rom drive led me to learn that my cd-rom drive was last on the secondary ribbon cable. My replacement drive had no jumper so I went back to the old cd drive. It was jumpered cable select. I used that jumper to jumper the replacement drive in the same way. (The zip drive which is in the middle of the ribbon cable is also jumpered cable selest.) Now both of my operating systems recognise the drive but the BIOS doesn't put it as an option in the boot menu. So I still can't boot from the cd drive. "
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2012 | Dell OptiPlex 360 Desktop Computer
Jun 12, 2012 | Dell OptiPlex GX400 PC Desktop
Jul 12, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX280 PC Desktop
Jan 16, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex GX280 Desktop PC - Intel...
Apr 26, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
Feb 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 02, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 31, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX280 PC Desktop
Dec 27, 2008 | Dell Dimension E510 Dual Core 2.8 Ghz...
Feb 03, 2008 | LG GSA-H22N DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: