Question about Compaq Computers & Internet
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad.
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jun 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 07, 2009 | HP Compaq 6720s Notebook
Jan 24, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
Jan 21, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Feb 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!