My laptop recently crashed and since I reinstalled everything, the external volume up and volume down buttons now give an on-screen display when I use them. This is irritation when running full-screen applications. Is there any way I can remove this on-screen volume display when pressing these buttons?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have no idea about these craig things which are Android machines, Try this.
Cannot be worse than you got.
How to do a hard reset using external keys? If your tablet is completely locked up and you cannot access the menu functions, use the following method to perform a hard reset using external keys on your tablet:
1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.
2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the manufacturer logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up)
4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons
5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections
6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu
7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset"
8. Tap Power hard key to select option
9. Scroll down to select "Yes, delete all user data"
10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
12. Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.
If it doesn't work try search engines for 'Android tablet hard reset'
Hello,In order to hard reset your tablet, the steps given below must be followed:
Ensure that the tablet is powered off.
Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device while clearing the dalvik cache along with the process.
I had same problem with mine found out to do a hard reset. Make sure power is turned off. Then while holding volume down button hold power button at same time until you get factory reset screen. Use Volume up/down button to navigate and use power button to select option. You will lose everything as it is a factory reset, but know way around this, that I am aware of. Hope this Helps and Good Luck.
You would probly want to completely reformat and reinstall your copy of XP, if it is already crashing on a fresh copy, it most likely didn't install correctly. Make sure you format first. You can do this before you run your installation. Reboot your computer and hit f8, select the option that says command prompt with networking. when the screen comes up with the C: type in there vol you will need the volume label to format, it will display this for you and make a note of it. At the next C: type in there C: format it will ask you to enter the volume label, do this and hit enter. It will then ask you if you are sure you want to delete all data, type y and hit enter. It will go through the format process. Enter your XP cd into the drive and reboot your computer, you should now be able to reinstall windows with no previous errors or versions already installed. Hope this helps!
Have you perhaps turned the volume down using the external volume knob on the side or front of the machine? Have you tried the control panel -> audio devices settings to increase speaker volume for WAV devices?[heck, all devices...] Most machines use the same external knob for headphones and the tinny speakers, so that may be a fruitless chase, but give it a try anyway. You could also have a loose connection. Has anyone recently done work on the PC? tom
FN pg up pg up. It that is not it try settings> control panel> sounds and multimedia> audio> volume Make sure the volume control and wave sliders are a least past the halfway point. Also check that the mute box is empty. If that dose not work then in that same window try > Advanced and make sure those settings are correct.