Question about Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Try resetting all your Xbox settings for the internet connection to start from scratch, if everything is connected to your belkin then it is your Xbox that is having the problem.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox).
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop/ gaming module about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router and the gaming site for the proper ports for play.
You may just have lost connectivity with the server. Check your QOS ( Quality of Service ) in the rotuer settings to assure your wireless connectivity. Wireless gaming console are notorious for dropping connection. You also need to improve your antenna range. There are some DIY antenna templates on line if you do a Google search you will find a lot of them that will give you 20/30% gain.
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
Jan 18, 2011 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Jan 15, 2011 | Belkin Connect N150 Wireless N Router
Jan 10, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Dec 23, 2010 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Dec 23, 2010 | Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router...
Dec 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Oct 09, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless-N Wireless...
Jun 23, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-N Wireless Router with...
Feb 24, 2010 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!