Question about Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox). If you have a yellow flashing light at the "INT" or Cable then you will have to check with your ISP to check connectivity to your router.
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2015 | Mitsubishi LT55164 55 in LCD TV
Mar 07, 2011 | Nintendo DS Lite Console
Jan 08, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-62327 62" Rear Projection...
Dec 09, 2009 | Mitsubishi XL8U Multimedia Projector
Jul 16, 2009 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Apr 24, 2009 | Nintendo DS Console
Dec 17, 2007 | Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Nov 06, 2007 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
1,706 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: