Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox). If you have a yellow flashing light at the "INT" or Cable then you will have to check with your ISP to check connectivity to your router.
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2012 | HP Compaq nx6110 PC Laptop
Feb 07, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S6197 Laptop
Jun 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Sep 03, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro V2000 Notebook
Jun 18, 2009 | Belkin (F5D9230-4) Wireless Router...
Jan 27, 2009 | Cables Unlimited Audio Unlimited 900MHz...
Jan 27, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jun 01, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox® 360 Core System Console
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!