I have 4 computers either with wireless or LAN connectivity to the netgear DG834 wireless/router and for some unknown reason some programs such as Windows live messenger and an online Bridge game intermittently freeze from time to time. When this happens it is still posssible to open other programs and use the internet for browsing. This has only just recently happened and it happens on any of the connected computers.- Has anyone any ideas what the cause would be.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you mean you want to restore the Netgear wireless router back to the factory defaults?
If so then :-
Power up the Netgear wireless router and use a sharp point and
press and hold the RESET button on the back of the router until the LEDs flash then release the button.
Then connect a LAN cable from the computer to the Netgear wireless router, then open IE browser and enter the configuration IP address, login and configure the wireless settings ie. SSID, encryption etc.
Take a note of these settings and configure the wireless cards in the computers with the router's settings.
Remove the LAN cable, the computers will now communicate with the wireless router.
Hi, please perform the steps below to configure settings on the router:
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari). 2. Access the router usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar. 3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that Username and Password are case sensitive). 4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu. 5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'. 6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase. 7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new Password and click apply. You will then have to use the same Password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
Please scan for the wireless network on the PS3 and connect to the wireless network.
To enable WEP password follow the steps below on a wired computer connected to the router.
1. Open browser and type the address as http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
2. Login with username as admin and password as password.
3. Click on wireless settings in the left hand side menu.
4. Under security options if wep is
is that wired connection or wireless? if it is wired, checked the cable and the port, make sure that the LAN connection is enabled.
if it is for wireless, checked the wireless settings of the router, enable the wireless card of the wireless computer and, verify the wireless settings of the netgear adapter and from there connect to it.
Hi there you can find the instructions for connecting your netgear DG8345G wireless router to your existing wireless router by configuring first your netgear router and click to help so that you can see the instructions by configuring it into your pc or you will go to the netgear support website so that you can find that model and look for instructions for your netgear router..