Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox).
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop/desktop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router and the gaming site for the proper ports for play.
You may just have lost connectivity with the server. Check your QOS ( Quality of Service ) in the router settings to assure your wireless connectivity. Wireless gaming console are notorious for dropping connection. You also need to improve your antenna range. There are some DIY antenna templates on line if you do a Google search you will find a lot of them that will give you 20/30% gain.
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 28, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2012 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Jan 20, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 24, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jul 15, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX4 WIRELESS 802.11G...
Jun 01, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
May 22, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Jan 24, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jan 28, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jan 14, 2008 | LG KG800 Cellular Phone
Jan 03, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!