Question about Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Hello and thank you for contacting Fixya Support, I am glad to assist.
I recommend you boot your Mac into Safe Mode, to see if you can remove a possible folder(s) which may be affecting your Mac's start up function.
Try these steps:
-SAFE BOOT MODE-
• Reboot your Mac
• Upon restarting your Mac, press the Shift key.
• Hold the Shift key until you see a White Screen with Gray Apple icon and eventually a spinning gear.
• When you see the Spinning gear, release the Shift key.
• Allow the Mac to continue booting up. Also this may take a little while
(NOTE: this may take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to load to the Safe mode screen depending on the performance of your Mac, but if it exceeds this time, shutdown your Mac and try just once more. It may have just frozen up the first time around for you.)
• You are going to enter the Safe Mode (which looks like your main desktop environment - the only difference is certain start up items are disabled.)
• Once within the Desktop in Safe Mode
• From the Finder Menu, click Go> Go to Folder
• Type in this line: /System/Library/StartupItems
• This path, is going to take you to the System Library folder which has all of your Mac OS X Startupitems.
• Remove all of those folders to the Trash.
*Reboot your Mac normally and see if you can access your normal User desktop environment.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to reply back to this post.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2011 | Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Nov 27, 2010 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Feb 09, 2010 | Apple Titanium G4 and 8413i Book series AC...
Jun 20, 2009 | Apple iBook G4 Mac Notebook
Mar 25, 2009 | Apple iBook G4 1GHz 256mb 40GB Combo 14"...
Dec 30, 2008 | Apple iMac G4 Desktop
Dec 18, 2008 | Apple iBook Mac Notebook
231 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: