this is how to fix your desk top with xp,if you have another os,this may also work,but,be prepared,you may need to reinstall your os,if this works,then immediately download this and run it, SpeedyPC Pro Download
,and then d/l this and buy it to keep your pc running great,http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html ,
Things You'll Need
- Windows XP installation CD
Last Known Good Configuration
In Place Upgrade
- 1Restart your HP computer after the blue screen shuts it down.
- 2 Repeatedly tap "F8" when the HP logo screen appears during bootup. This will load a menu with various boot options to select.
- 3 Use the arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration" and press "Enter." The system will roll back recent changes and may fix the problem. Continue to the next step if the computer does not successfully boot.
- 4 Insert the Windows XP installation CD into your HP computer's disc drive.
- 5 Restart the computer.
- 6 Press any key on your keyboard when you see "Press any key to boot from CD..." This will launch the Windows Setup program.
- 7 Press "Enter" to begin the installation process.
- 8 Press "F8" to agree to the Windows XP licensing agreement.
- 9 Highlight your current installation of Windows XP and press "R" to perform a repair installation.
- 10 Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the repair installation. Your personal data and applications will remain intact, but all Windows updates and service packs will be removed during this process.
Tips & Warnings
- Back up your data before running a repair installation on your HP computer.
Ask online tech support online now Ask online tech support - get your answers in real time!
Get Your Answer
SpeedyPC Pro Download Advanced SystemCare Free 7 6 5 4 3 Download Review for Windows XP Vista...
- Photo Credit laptop with blue screen image by dim@dim from Fotolia.com