Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. HDTV
My Z50PX2D was just over 2 years old and well out of warranty when the “Pop/Blank Screen” problem struck. However, LG took great care for the situation.
I civilly called LG's customer service (very nice people… all of them). LG’s CS phone number is (877) 543-8325. After a few short phone calls (less than 5 minutes each) over 4 day period, they extended my warranty and it is currently being serviced ($0 out of my pocket).
Here are some tips on the working with LG on the “Pop” issue (this should reduce the number of phone calls needed):
- RULE #1… Be respectful to all of them, everyone I spoke to were extremely nice.
- Have the model number, serial number, date of purchase and original receipt (they will require it faxed) on hand.
- Call LG Customer Service (877) 543-8325
- They will ask how they can help: Tell them what happened to your TV and you want to see if they can extend your TV’s warranty for the “pop” problem.
- They will setup a case:
o Will ask for your information (name, address, phone, model, serial number, date of purchase)
o Will ask what the problem was (IE: watching TV, there was a loud pop from the TV and the screen went out). No need elaborate too much, they know this problem exists.
o Will ask for you to fax the receipt to their fax number (they will provide)
§ Note the case number, your name and phone number on the receipt before faxing.
- Before hanging up, ask them for the case number. This will make it easier for everyone when you call back.
- Give them about 24 hours before calling to verify they received the fax.
o If they have received the fax and applied the notes to the case, they should be able to let you know if they will extend the warranty on that call.
o If the fax was received but not yet added to the ‘Case’, give them one more day.
Hopefully you will have success in having your warranty extended.
Feb 05, 2008 |
Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV