I am also having trouble playing dvds. We moved from UK to NZ and I have looked at the solutions posted about going to the preferences tab and changing the region. the arrow keys just skip the preferences tab, so I can't get access to change my settings. Any solution for this?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Can't access the preferences tab
Pls try a full master reset which if done correctly would revert the unit back to factory default: 1. Power on the unit; 2. open the front panel lid to have access to the controls; 3. simultaneously press and hold the channel up and down buttons; 4. wait till "BYE" is displayed; 5. wait till clock switches off; 6. power on again and re-configure.
You may need to restore "Region Free" 1. Power on the DVP 3005.
2. Bring up the System Menu.
3. Navigate to the Preferences page.
4. Press the following combination of keys on your remote in this order to bring up the secret menu showing the Region Code.
1 3 5 5 6 6.
5. Use the arrow keys on the remote control to change the Region. To make it region free, set the Region code to “0′ (zero).
6. Exit the System Menu.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unfortunately, you have a DVD player that is "Region Specific" and cannot be changed. Your system has a region code printed on the back of the unit and will only play DVDs that are labeled with identical region codes. DVDs labeled "ALL" will also play in this unit. If you try to play any other DVD, the message " Playing this disc is prohibited by area limits." will appear on the TV screen. Depending on the DVD, no region code indication may be labeled even though playing is prohibited by area limits.
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE, and wait for the tray to open.
2. Use the remote control to input digital key '1', '1', '1', 'l' in that order. Kindly leave a few seconds between each entry, the microprocessor is slow with these entries. 3. Press number '7', '8' or '9' to display the current region code of the DVD player. OR 4. Press any number of '0' to '6' to set the required region code. The OSD will display the new region code of the DVD player. 5. Region '0' will be the setting for multi region 6. The region setting will be saved in the FLASH memory. 7. Press OPEN/CLOSE again, the DVD player will return to normal operation.
The screen will show: "Region Code: 2" Press [1-6] to manually set the region OR  for multi-region.
Press [SETUP] to exit
You will now be able to play DVDs from anywhere in the world.
This is particularly useful, because region 1 DVDs from the US often come out when the movies are still in the cinemas over here. Region 1 DVDs can be bought perfectly legally by mail order or from the internet.