THIS IS FROM ONE OF MY OTHER POSTS THIS WILL WORK WITH ANY MONITOR TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM.
Ok so i was searching around the internet and found a similar problemwith another monitor so for giggles i tried there method. This is thewebsite where i found it : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/d7c0e5bd-2fcf-48ff-a79b-c157014fc821/#page:3
The Secoind wntry has a download.Download it then extract the files to the desktop. Dont worry if youget errors when the program runs it will fix them, if they come up justpress enter to keep going. Once the program completes install thedriver again and it should work as it did for me.
If you cant get to that website heres the post from it:
"Ok, once again i checked updates for HP My Display/Drivers, and found this:http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/support_help.html
Here is a direct link to fix for "Access Denied" issue (HP LCD Monitors & Vista):http://download.portrait.com/DRVFix.zip
. The fix contains 3 files including this readme. All must be in to the same folder.
- readme.txt - This file
- RestoreDisp.exe - Executable required to restore permissions. DO NOT RUN THIS FILE
- DVRFIX.exe - Run this file in Administrator mode after reading the instructions completely
To perform the fix do the following:
- Extract all files in to a folder on your desktop
- Open the folder, right click on the DVRFIX.exe file and choose "Run As Administrator"
- Follow the on screen instructions. When complete, you should be able to install your drivers
If you find this helpful, please let me know.
I fixed this issue manually (from registry), about month ago.
But gladly i found this help file, by mistake.
There you Go, KD0BGA