Question about Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven
I plugged the microwave into a new outlet and i heard a loud pop. There was also a burnt smell. I opened the door and saw smoke coming from the vent behind the front panel. The inside microwave light still works but the front panel is blank and the buttons are not working. Is it toast or is there a fuse i can check? Where do i get replacement parts?
Don't know why just plugging it into a new outlet would cause that unless you have a problem with that outlet. Sounds like it may have burned out the low voltage circuitry. I would advise having the outlet checked and certified safe before plugging anything else into it. Also, it sounds like the oven is toast, (Sorry!)
You can get parts on-line from AppliancePartsPros.com/Parts
Posted on May 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Dec 18, 2010 | Panasonic NN-SD377S Stainless Steel 800...
Apr 02, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 19, 2009 | LG 1.2 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave -...
Sep 08, 2009 | Dacor DMO24SS Microwave Oven
Apr 02, 2009 | Kenmore 63682 / 63684 / 63689 Microwave...
Mar 21, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Jan 28, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!