Change drier belt on model number 41794702300 Kenmore stackable
1. UNPLUG UNIT.
2. On the front of the unit, remove two screws from the bottom panel. Remove it and you will see two screws holding the top panel and door in place.
3. Remove the screws and gently pull up and out on the door panel, INSURE NOT TO PULL ON THE WIRES LEADING TO THE DOOR SWITCH.
4. Remove wires from door switch. MAKE SURE TO NOTE WHICH WIRES CONNECT TO WHICH TAB.
5. Set door aside and you will have complete access to drum. Remove old belt, if necessary, noting now it is around the drum and weaved through or around the tension bar below the drum.
6. Once removed, or if there is no belt, or a broken belt, put the new belt around the drum so that the slack hangs below the drum. NOTE: You will probably see a black mark around the drum where the belt has laid, about in the middle of the drum. Lay the belt on that path.
6A. Lay on your back with both hands available, raise drum slightly to get access to the belt. Take slack in belt, raise tension bar slightly out of the way, bring belt UNDER the pulley on tension bar and put it around the pulley/spindle on the motor. (This may take another hand) Slowly lower tension bar back down to make contact with belt, applying tension to belt.
7. Get the door panel and reconnect the door switch.
8. Start to put door panel in place, while slightly raising drum to fit into position, careful to the raise to high or **** drum out of position off the back rollers or cause belt to slip off. Push door panel into place and put screws in.
9. Once you've got the door secure, test the belt by reaching inside and manually turning the drum clockwise until it seems to turn easily with not bumps. This is allowing the belt to settle into place and insuring it is not going to pop off; if it does, repeat the operation. If it turns easily, move on to...
10. Replace lower panel.
11. Plug in unit and test to insure drum moves freely. If not, you may need to readjust the way the door panel fits in place with the drum, or the belt on the tension bar.
12. If you need further help, please let me know.
Good luck. It's simpler than it sounds.
Aug 02, 2010 |
Kenmore 77062 Gas Dryer