Try turning the main power switch on the back of the tv off. Then hold the menu button and push that switch back on while still holding the menu button. Keep holding the menu button until the setup menu pops up. Next, be sure your input is set correctly(air or cable). Next, do an auto channel search.
did it for me. After I shut it off I had to do it one more time but it
did the job. A friend of mine gave me the tv for free because nobody he
new could figure it out. I took it home, got lucky, and figured it out
in about ten minutes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I, also, have the Hisense LCD 1504 and cannot turn it on with the original remote. I have to use the ON button on the side every morning. You have to hold this button in for a while then wait a while and presto, the blue button shows on the front and the picture comes on. If it fails to work the first try, just try try again. It does work for me this way. We had this same experience with the TV in our room at a Hotel where we were on vacation and the TV worked fine when we turned it on using the side ON button. It just takes a while for the picture to appear. Hope this clue will help someone.
This is how I got mine to work after weeks of struggling just trying to find a new remote (hisense is really hard to contact....).
1) Turn the TV ON. unplug the tv while still ON
2) hold down the "menu" button on the side of the TV and plug it back in. keep holding it down. the TV should turn on with the menu popping up. use the Vol <> keys and Channel <> keys to navigate the menu. go to the Vchip menu, and play around. I'm not sure what ultimately worked, but i changed the Vchip password to 1111, turned the reset menu to "on" and played around with the ratings settings (turning most of them to "u"s etc).
I went through this process several times and finally, the black background behind the menu turned to static. I played around with the channels, and the TV was unlocked. I turned the TV off, and then on again, and the channels showed up normally (no static). and it was no longer locked. I had to do the unplug thing several times, and was getting really frustrated looking for an "unlock code" in the manual (it just says press the button on the remote. so it was not really helpful).
But really, once you can just get to that menu you've made some progress, and just keep playing around with it until something works.
Best of luck!!
To unlock your Tl2020 with a universal remote just go into the menu and select V chip setting. The password from the factory is four zeros (0 0 0 0 ). Once you get in you will the letter "B" nect to everything. Set everything to the letter "U". Then, turn off the television. The set should be unlocked now. Good luck !