Question about Washing Machines
The F1 error usually indicates a serious Washing Machine 'controller' or Logic board malfunctions: your washing machine should still be under warranty or may even be subject to a recall campaign due to a manufacturing flaw. You will need your washing machine details such as model number. serial number, manufacture date and proof of purchase before calling the manufacturer help desk (as your machine is over 12 months old, the reseller will not normally assist but you an always ask them for assistance first).
To see if you have an intermittent controller issue, completely unplug the AC main plug first for say 5 minutes and replug to see if the error resets itself.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air JJW8530C Expressions Collection...
Dec 05, 2010 | Kenmore 79383 Dual Fuel (Electric and Gas)...
Aug 11, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jul 11, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel 23 in. DD-603SS Built-in...
May 30, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Sep 03, 2009 | Electrolux Ovens
Jun 17, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel 24 in. DD-602 Built-in...
Oct 23, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27062 Top Load Washer
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!