Question about Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
If an ink cartridge is empty, the red error light will remain solid. You can check the status of the of the ink cartridges by looking at the icons on the control panel. Press the down arrow button to scroll down to MORE OPTIONS. The level of ink will be shown on the screen and the ink that will be out will have cross on it.
Please follow the steps below to replace one or more cartridges.
-You cannot print if any ink cartridge is expended.
-Leave the empty cartridge installed in the printer until you have obtained a replacement.
-To ensure good results on your printouts, we recommend using Genuine Epson Ink cartridges. Epson does not recommend the use of refilled inks or 3rd party ink cartridges.
Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the printer is powered on, and not printing.
2. Open the printer cover.
3. Do one of the following:
3a. If the red error light is on (cartridge is empty) press the MAINTENANCE BUTTON.
3b. If the red error light is flashing (cartridge is low) press the MAINTENANCE BUTTON. You will now see the Cartridge Replacement highlighted in Advanced Settings. Select OK.
3c. If the error light is off (outdated cartridge), press the DOWN ARROW MENU button to choose MORE OPTIONS. Press OK, then select INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT.
4. You will now see a message on the display telling you that the ink cartridge replacement will begin. Press OK to continue. The print head will move to the replacement position.
5. Open the cartridge cover. Press in the tab on the back of the cartridge, and lift the cartridge out of the printer. Dispose of it carefully.
6. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. DO NOT touch the green circuit boards, or remove ANY labels.
7. Lower the cartridge into the holder, with the green circuit board facing the front. Gently push the cartridge down until it is firmly seated.
8. If you need to replace another ink cartridge, repeat steps 5-7 above.
9. Close the cartridge cover. Press the front corner of the cartridge cover forward to lock the cover into place.
10. Press OK, and close the printer cover. The printer will begin charging the ink delivery system. Once charging is complete, press OK to finish.
Posted on May 23, 2008
Have you looked in the Printer Utility? Click on the Printer Icon in your dock; click on Utility; your printer description) Epson R300 and click Okay. Then click on Status Monitor and a graphic comes up that shows the relative amount of ink in each cartridge. It also tells you how many pages (of ink) you have left just like the last one printed. Easy.
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Mar 01, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 11, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Dec 18, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Feb 03, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 28, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
312 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!