Question about Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave dead, no power.

My serial # is GH 7155XKQ-0 its white. The fuse is good and power at the outlet. Is the thermosenser on this model located on the bottom front just behind the control panel? The marking on this part is PW-2R Z101 49/56. It checks open but not sure if this is the thermosenser.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 525 Answers

The thermal sensor is about the size of a dime, black with 2 wires to it, and attached to the oven cavity. It should be a normally closed circuit. bypassing this temporarily will show if it is open or closed. If oven works, that is your problem, but do not use oven with this bypassed. It sounds like you have some electrical knowledge, but be very careful as there is high voltage potential inside the microwave.

Posted on May 23, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Fuse location


Good Afternoon Friend, that's a great question!

Depending on the model of your Frigidaire microwave, the fuses are typically on located behind the control console, on the magnetron or on the oven capacity. However, if your microwave does not heat, you may possibly have a faulty control panel, magnetron, or experiencing an issue with the power supply. Please confirm that your microwave is plug into its own outlet and that you are not using a GFI outlet. Hope this helps! - Z

Sep 01, 2014 | Frigidaire FGMV174KF Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My GE spacemaker xl1400 model JVM1451BA 001 DOES NOT TURN ON, serial # HT9897895 , it wont make a noise or nothing, not lights, someone told me its a fuse, but I dont know what the fuse is called to go to...


First try plugging it in a different power outlet to eliminate a possible defective AC outlet, than if it still does not work, your friend could be correct it could be a fuse, if you have electrical skills you can verify your self. first unplug the power cable, than unscrew the cover to get to the electronic board, locate all the ceramic fuses and with a good multimeter set to (Ohms) check the continuity of all fuses if it reads 0 ohms it's good if it reads nothing than it is bad, replace that fuse with the same amperage and type than put the cover of the oven back, plug the power cable and give it a test if the fuse burns again than the problem is much worse, it could be a defective safety switch on the door frame or a defective circuit board, take it to a good repair shop...

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE BEFORE OPENING THE UNIT!!!

Hope this helps!

Jun 18, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

My GE Advantium model SCA1000HBB01 was cooking on the oven setting and suddenly quit working. As if no power. The circuit is still good. I was advised it was possibly a blown fuse inside the MV on the...


When you take the top off and stare into the unit you will see a white fuse in a black plastic fuse holder. Look carefully. I had to replace the melted fuse holder as well. Radio shack has the fuses and holders.

Sep 14, 2010 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Cooks Model 2115 microwave oven will not power on when connected to the 110v outlet. Can this be a fuse problem? If so, where is the fuse located?


Yes, is probably the fuse. I have fixed several microwaves with this problem and the fuse is almost always located just inside where the power cord enters the unit. Just remove the skin (usually screws on the back and BOTTOM also) test the fuse with a micro meter. If no contenuity, replace with same size, type and rated fuse. Most microwaves are 20amp fuse.

Jan 19, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a GE SPACEMAKER MICROWAVE OVEN MODEL #HVM1750. IT SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING..NO SIGNS OF POWER. THE OUTLET HAS POWER. DOES IT HAVE AN INTERNAL FUSE. HAT COULD IT BE? ERIC


You know that you have to unplug the microwave first, right?Then you have to either wait a good while (I like a couple of days) or short out the current.

The fuse is located on the right side, behind the control panel at the top. You have to remove the vent cover (three screws) in the front, then the screws holding the control panel up ( I didn't remove mine, I let it rest on a pot to take the weight off the connectors). The fuse is on a small horizonal electronic board located 6 inches behind where the top of the control panel normally is attached.

You do NOT have to remove the oven, but it's small hands work, or great needle nose. You get the fuses for about 3 for $2.00 at Radio Shack.

But I bet that isn't you whole problem. Something caused it to blow.

Jan 01, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have Whirlpool Microwave oven Model MH6110XEB-0 that has completely loss power. The outlet it is plug itno is still good with power running thru the outlet. I do not have any manuals for the microwave,...


with any luck you have just poped the inline fuse,
if you remove the control board you should be able to see the tube fuse up by the fan motor
if not the whole thing will have to come down to reach it

Oct 14, 2009 | Whirlpool MH3185XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave doesn't have any power, ** Display, **thing...


Nice touch with the diagram. Thanks!

The neutral line passes through the cavity thermostat, which may be open. In the schematic, it's left of the center bottom.

In the pictorial diagram, it's located just below where you added the note "120V OK". Its top half is cut off in the picture and it has blue and white wires attached.

Also, the low voltage (LV) transformer shows fuses in its primary and secondary, although one or both may be internal and inaccessible.

It may also be a problem on the control board, which we repair nationwide for only $39.95 postpaid. Feel free to reply back if you need further assistance.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Mar 09, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave dead


First, there is an outlet. Plug in something else. Inside the key panel, there are fuses and a thermo sensor. Either may be bad. The thermosensor is about the diameter of a dime, black and 3/8 inch thick...attached to the wall of the chamber. All should have continuity.

Dec 20, 2007 | Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

762 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

sonic boom...
sonic boom...

Level 3 Expert

1557 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...