Question about Sony DVP-NS55P DVD Player
I want to unlock Sony DVP-NS55P so that i can play both NTSC and PAL formatted DVD's.
Here is the sequence to unlock your DV Player. Clearly this needs to be done exactly to access the secret menu. So, you may want to copy and paste this info into a word program and then print it.
- Begin -
1. Turn off NS55P, leave TV on.
2. Using the original remote supplied with the NS55P, press these buttons in order: DISPLAY, TOP MENU, CLEAR, POWER.
3. NS55P will turn on, displaying the secret menu on the tv screen.
4. Select 2: Drive Manual Operation, then 4: Tray Aging Mode.
5. The screen then shows two input lines: Input Count and Current Count. Use the code 00030 on the first line. Pressing zero first will take you back to the original menu, so instead of trying to type 0-0-0-3-0, try something like 1-0-0-0-3-0 so the 1 in the front disappears after the last zero is entered.
6. Press ENTER on the remote. Disk tray will then open and close automatically 30 times. Let it do this until it finishes.
7. Repeat steps 4-6, but instead of using 00030 in the Input Count, use 00000. Press ENTER, and the NS55P is now capable of reading Region 2 dvds.
- End -
Please ask any questions using the comment box below.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
After entering the code do i turn my dvd player off? I have tried this and it has not worked yet?
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2010 | Sony DVP-NS575P DVD Player
Jan 04, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Sep 05, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS55P DVD Player
Aug 31, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS50P DVD Player
1,130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: