Question about Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
I have a Zhone 6218-I2-200 router and a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.
Currently, I am set up as an unsecure wifi connection and wishes to upgrade to a secure environment.
I have been trying for approx. 3 months to do this and have failed
How do I acheive this. Can someone send me the step by step procedure.
I am not a techie and do not understand about Wep, Wap, Mac Filtering etc.
Thanks, in advance
You can try this.
1. Launch your web browser.
2. Enter the URL http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click on
A login screen like the one below will be displayed after you connect to the
3. Enter your user name and password, and then click on OK to display
the user interface. You type admin for both username and password field.
4. Click the + sign next to Wireless
5. Click on Security - Now go on the network authentication set it to WPA-PSK
6. You will have a field where you can type your password - make sure its at least 8-63 characters
7. Then you click appy/save. Then you reconnect to your wireless network and this time you will be ask for a password.
In case you will still have a problem just reply to this post.
Posted on May 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2011 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
Dec 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 17, 2010 | D-Link DIR-825 Wireless QuadBand Router
May 21, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
May 21, 2009 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
Jul 10, 2008 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
May 26, 2008 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
602 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: