Whilst trying to change the format of the picture Ithink Imay have touched the wrong combination of buttons, and have now lost the sound and picture completely and all that the screen says is root menu, which Idont seem to be able to access.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: philips dvp 3020 dvd player
Pls try a full master reset which if done correctly would revert the unit back to factory default: 1. Power on the unit; 2. open the front panel lid to have access to the controls; 3. simultaneously press and hold the channel up and down buttons; 4. wait till "BYE" is displayed; 5. wait till clock switches off; 6. power on again and re-configure.
You may need to restore "Region Free" 1. Power on the DVP 3005.
2. Bring up the System Menu.
3. Navigate to the Preferences page.
4. Press the following combination of keys on your remote in this order to bring up the secret menu showing the Region Code.
1 3 5 5 6 6.
5. Use the arrow keys on the remote control to change the Region. To make it region free, set the Region code to “0′ (zero).
6. Exit the System Menu.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This player is relatively easy to change to region free. Please complete all of the steps below to unlock your DVD player.
Please note: Unlocking any DVD player may invalidate the warranty. Unlock sequences may not work with some firmware updates and some DVD players have been damaged through failed attempts to unlock them. Unlocking your DVD player is done at your own risk.
Unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020:
1. Switch on your TV and DVD player; 2. Make sure the TV is set to the correct input for the DVD player; 3. Remove any disc from the DVD player and close the disc tray; 4. Press the "SETUP" button on the DVD player remote control; 5. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys to highlight "PREFERENCE"; 6. Enter 1 3 8 9 3 1 using the numerical keys on the Philips DVD remote control;
A pop-up menu will appear on the TV screen.
7. Use the UP/DOWN arrow key and choose "0" for all regions;
That's it. You should now be able to watch DVDs from all regions on your player. It is also a good idea to switch the player to standby and then switch it back on before trying any discs.
This is a verified unlock sequence for the Philips DVP 3020. If it doesn't work the first time, switch the power off and start again at step 1. If it still doesn't work, it is likely that you have updated your Firmware to a new version and this unlock sequence does not work with your firmware version
If you need further assistance, please reply to me from within this page and let me know which firmware version you have installed in your DVD player.
There might be more than 1 version of this player depending on country of origin or intended marketing region hence the solution posted that you are referring to might not be applicable to your concern.
Offhand, I would suggest that you try a hard reset, that is unplug from the mains for an extended period of time (perhaps even overnight). The idea is to dissipate whatever residual power is inside the unit and hopefully thereafter, it will revert to factory defaults. Then try again. On the first power ON, wait till "NO DISC" is displayed, then try a known good disc. Alternately, you can also try, unplug, wait for a minute or so, press & hold the STOP button, plug the unit to the mains. You can also try that with the other buttons.
Should the above be not corrective, am afraid that the a firmware update/flash/reset is required by an authorized service center.
Hope that this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you n