Since I bought this computer, 2/01/08, it has a tendency to dial up the internet without prompt to do so. I may be working in another (offline) program and it will dial up. I do not have high speed internet because it is unavailable where I live. We have dial up connection. The computer may dial up a connection while I am on the phone, interfering with my conversation. Is there something I can do to make this stop? I have contacted several sources who gave me "solutions" that didn't work, or told me it would be another $99 to fix it. I purchased the two year extended warranty.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
make a menu on top toolbar right click in top toolbar select menu bar this will add file edit view fav tools and help
click on tools then from the drop down list internet options connections tick in never dial a connection
then you will have to add your isp internet service provider first you must have an ISP Internet Service provider contract which will provide you with a modem and leads you can choose either a dial up usb or an ethernet connection to connect to the internet or if you have a laptop you can choose a wireless usb modem which can work on a desktop aswell once you recieve the modem just insert the disk provided and follow the prompts to set up your newinternet connection during the setup process you will be asked for a password I suggest you make a log of all pass words used outside of your computer incase of memory lapses hope it helps
The phone jack on a laptop computer gives the device an ability to connect to a dial-up Internet connection. If there is something wrong with the cable connection or the phone jack, the Internet service is not going to reach the computer. If you are experiencing an Internet connection problem with a dial-up service, it is important to correct the problem. With the proper tools and know-how, you can have your computer reconnected to
1. Check the cable connection running into the computer. If the cable is not inserted completely, then the signal is not going to reach the computer. Replace any cable that does not have the plastic clip on the tip of the connector. Without the clip, the cable cannot stay connected to the laptop. 2. Spray a shot or two of compressed air into the phone jack port. This removes dust, dirt and hair from the interior of the connection port, ensuring a clear connection between the cable and the laptop. 3. Connect the laptop computer to a different Internet source (such as a wireless or DSL Internet connection), then navigate to the dial-up modem's manufacturing site. If the dial-up connection came built into the laptop, then this is the laptop's manufacturing site (such as "Dell" or "HP"). 4. Select "Support," then "Downloads" and choose the operating system and laptop you are using. Click "Download" next to the driver and allow it to be download to your computer. Double-click the downloaded file to launch the installation wizard. Follow the brief set of prompts to install the driver. If the old driver has become corrupt or removed it prevents the laptop computer from connecting to the Internet through the dial-up connection.
Hi. As what i understand the MC760 alone can connect to the internet without connecting to the router. This device will act as a modem right away. This is the one of the device where you will put in a simcard to connect to the internet if i am not mistaken. You need to download and install the software of for this device and creat a dial up for your to be able to connect to the internet. Here's the link where you can download the driver and the procedure on how to create Dial up.
You have to configure Internet Connections Sharing on the PC which has a dial-up service.
1. Click Start - Settings - Control Panel - Network Connections, right click on dial-up.
2. Clik on Properties, click on Advanced tab.
3. Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box
After that you must connect the other pc to this one via network cable.
If you don'y have network adapters you have to buy them.
You have to make a new connection. Go to "Control Panel", find "Network Connections", double click on that, here you choose file (in the menu) and choose "New Connection". Follow the Wizard (choose, new connection to the internet, connection without code/username/password, and normaly people have DSL connections). Try to connect the pc to the internet now, this should work, if not: you have to have the setup way from your internet provider, many times they have a manual on the internet. If it is a connection with user name/ code, you have to Edit your friends internet connection (icon on network connections) or make a new connection with this codes. The codes you get from your internet provider
Some internet providers allow only one computer connected to the internet.
Try to make a new connection shortcut and make sure your telephone line is properly connected on your modem. Also make sure that your password and username is correct. another thing is check that your system date is correct.. Hope this works ! ITTech7574
What model do you have. Perhaps whomever you purchased it from left the modem card out of it not knowing you would need it. There are 56k modem cards avail. that stick out of the PCMCIA slot. It is always an option. You can get them for like $5 on ebay.
Ah, you can no longer use the modem or the Blitzz screen to connect to your Internet connection. You'll need to patch another Ethernet cord from the router to your Ethernet port on your computer and it should automatically connect.
If you still get prompted to dial, open up Internet Explorer and ignore any prompts to dial and then click Tools, then Internet Options, then click the Connections tab at the top, then click the selection to Never Dial a Connection. Confirm your choice by clicking OK and then try browsing the Internet like usual.