Question about Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
I have a bunch of topo maps with names like 000015.img. How do I get Nuvi to recognize them? Should I copy them to a folder inside "Garmin" folder? Should I copy them to an SD and stick the SD into Nuvi? How would Nuvi find these maps in the SD card? Your knowledgable help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance,
To get the base map and to get your unit functioning again:
Install the firmware again:
Go to: http://www.magellangps.com/support/product.asp?prodid=1114
Or, if this doesn´t work, go to www.magellangps.com, click on"support", click on "legacy products" (left) and click on "eXplorist210 Europe" (do NOT click on "eXplorist 210 North America")
On this page click under Updates/Upgrades on "version 2.57", and follow the instructions. You will have to register your GPS, register it under a European country.
After you have installed the firmware you will have the basemap and some new windows on the GPS. Good luck and enjoy!
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
1. Connect Nuvi3xx to PC vis USB Cable for 7xx to go into
mass storage mode.
2. Slide Power Switch to the right (LOCK Position)
3. Click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in system
Tray on PC (Lower Right)
4. Click on "Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device -
Drives(x:and y:)" x: = mass storage for the 3xx and y: = the
SD card if one is installed
5. WAIT for 3xx to Boot UP.
6. After 360 Boots UP slide power switch to center
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
You can use GMapTool program to join multiple maps in one single img file. If some maps are locked - you must write the unlock codes in the img file, using this program. Do not join two or more maps with same FID's.
Img file must be placed in "Garmin" directory on the SD memory.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2014 | Garmin NUVI 270 GPS Receiver
Feb 26, 2013 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Sep 15, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 1350 Car GPS Receiver
Jun 27, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Mar 23, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Mar 13, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Nov 28, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 265W GPS Receiver
Jun 03, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 265 Car GPS Receiver
Dec 09, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: