Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
this should work for all 5500 hp printers
i hope this helps you out
richard from chicago
i just noticed you have the wrong cartage
you need hp 57 color
that will make all the difference :-)
HP Officejet 5500 series
HP Officejet 5505
HP Officejet 5508
HP Officejet 5515
HP Officejet 5510, HP Officejet 5510xi, HP Officejet 5510v
HP Officejet 5600 series
Replacing the print cartridges
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
had the same problem
I just kept putting it in and taking it out until the msg stopped.
also sometimes when you see this msg you can push the ok button and the printer will go to correct mode.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2014 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 06, 2013 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 05, 2011 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
May 31, 2010 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 01, 2017 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 26, 2010 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 25, 2010 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2010 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 17, 2007 | HP Photosmart 2610 All-In-One InkJet...
212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!