Question about HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

3 Answers

HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

Grey lines down the center of the page

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 12, 2014




3 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Grey lines down the page are because the waste toner section of the toner cartridge has become full.
The toner section comes in two halves. One half that supplies toner to the roller and one half that
cleans unused toner off the roller. This is a dirty job to do. You need to split the two halves
of the cartridge by removing two screws in the top and pulling out the pegs. Then unscrew two screws holding
a plate at the end of the main roller. With the roller upper most remove it. You can then tip the waste toner out of the collector.
If you want you can re-use it by pouring back in to the supplier half of the toner cartridge.

Posted on Nov 29, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have driver hp laserjet 4 plus .

Posted on Oct 16, 2008

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 89 Answers

First try changing out the toner cartridges since it is the cheapest option. If this doesn't work check the fuser unit by opening the back door and see if there is a line worn down the miidle. One other option may be the transfer roller that sits under the toner cartridge. It may be worn.

Posted on May 22, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

We are having a dark line running down the left side of the page. we have a HP Laser-jet 4

the drum of your cartridge is damaged
if you refill it ask them to change and our drum also
in other case just get an other toner

May 01, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

Hp laserjet 4 plus - keep getting a horizontal black line

yes you have to catch printer making the line and then as a page is being printed you need to open door to stop paper after green cylinder(drum) as it is entering fuser, then you need to remove paper from printer without pulling through the fuser, if you see the line then rub your finger across line up and down page, if it smears at all then its the cartridge if not then the fuser

Apr 27, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

HP LaserJet 2430 prints vertical grey bands

It is a bad Toner Cartridge or Fuser. Most likey a bad toner cart.

Mar 07, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2430n Printer

1 Answer

My pages have grey vertial stripes which don't go when we clean

Have it cleaned it souns like it has gotton ink on the feed rooler.

Nov 16, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

Smudged Printing

replace the toner. many remanufactured cartridges will do this due to leaks during/after refill.

Nov 07, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

2 Answers

Lines across printed pages

I think you need a new cartridge.

Oct 24, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

2 Answers

Grey lines on printout

90% chance its the Cartridge or 10 % chance its the fuser

Nov 26, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

1 Answer

Hp laserjet 4 plus printer, message window "Ready", off line button shows red

You can try to do a "Cold reset"

turn off the printer hold down  the Menu/reset button and turn it back on.

Do you hear the machine go into rotation? the 4 plus has a high pitch sound follwed by the fuser turning ( you'll know when it does it) if it doesn't go into rotation then there is another problem.

Oct 13, 2007 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer Logo

403 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

1089 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides