Question about Vacuums
i have a hoover runabout ....the belt broke and i can't get the bottom off (other than break it off) to replace the belt...I took the brush off but the whole plastic bottom won't come off, there are no screws....this vacuum is at least 10 years old but i have never had a problem with it...i love it.....please help me fix this...........
thanks for your concern...........a friend of mine said you very carefully have to pry the top off and you can get to the belt.............it worked and i didn't break anything.........it now works fine............thank you again.
Posted on May 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Jun 28, 2014 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Mar 22, 2012 | Hoover Vacuums
Mar 21, 2010 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Jan 22, 2010 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Dec 08, 2009 | Vacuums
Oct 30, 2009 | Hoover U8145-900 Savvy Bagless Upright...
Jan 05, 2009 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Jul 01, 2008 | Hoover Elite U5061-900 Bagged Upright...
Aug 28, 2007 | Hoover 5416-900 WindTunnel Bagged Upright...
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!