Want to program my dish network remote to operate the phillips/magnavox TVs volume and turning it on and off. The TV is a 1998
Hello!! It should be pretty easy to get this programmed. Below are instructions to program the remote along with codes. I hope this helps!
1. Hold down the clear TV button until all lights light up at the top of the remote
2. Punch in a 3 digit code (provided below)
3. Press the # (POUND) button
4. Try powering the tv on/off, and the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over from step 1 with a different code.
or if that doesn't work, here are the steps for a power scan. The remote scans the TV for the correct code.
1. Hold down the Clear TV button until all lights at the top of the remote light up
2. Press the red TV POWER button
3. Press and release the up arrow on the remote about once a second until the tv turns off.
4. When it turns off, press the # (Pound) button
5. Try powering the tv on/off, and try the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over at step 1 again.
DISH Network Customer Service
Feb 27, 2011 |
Philips Magnavox 20MT133S 20" TV