Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The error message "A communication error has occurred during the fax transmission" normally indicates that for some reason the fax call was interrupted or there was some interference on the telephone line during the fax transmission. Some possible interruption/interference on transmission(s) are:
1. the telephone line is not a dedicated fax line - there could be an extension which was inadvertently lifted/used during a fax call;
2. noisy/dirty telephone/fax line - corrosion on the terminal, joints, connectors, pins, plugs, jacks, telephone outlet or even on the provider's system. This could be determined by using the handset of the fax machine, dialing a single digit (to make the dialtone disappear) and listening to the phone's earpiece. There should be no crackling sound or static but a clean/dead air. In some cases where the telephone/fax line is shared with the DSL, then it could be the filter/splitter used;
3. some phone lines can still accept an incoming even though in use (call waiting) - the ringing of the 2nd call is more than enough interruption/interference;
4. RFI (radio frequency interference) - an electronic device that transmits a radio signal such as a two way radio, a WiFi router or mobile phone; and/or
5. noisy/dirty power AC mains -the outlet/AC power line where the fax device is plugged in has some other appliances/devices that draws power from it that can cause static/transients/spikes along the power line. Examples are water dispensers with built-in cooler/heater, dehumidifier, aircons, refrigerators and any other that switches itself on/off. A simple solution would be to use a different outlet and/or use a surge suppressor.
As to the "error code number 321*", pls post back the make and model of your fax device. Alternately, you can reference this site. If your fax machine/device is an HP brand (and/or the receiving end's fax machine is), pls check this link.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on May 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2014 | HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 05, 2011 | HP Photosmart 2710 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 21, 2011 | Panasonic KX-FHD331 Plain Paper Thermal...
Dec 02, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 27, 2010 | Samsung SF-5100 Plain Paper Laser Fax
Oct 16, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 25, 2009 | GE Security Simon 3 Wireless Home Security...
Aug 25, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Oct 07, 2008 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 30, 2008 | Brother MFC-7820N All-In-One Laser Printer
May 30, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
699 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!