Question about Sony PS-LX250 Turntable

2 Answers

Replacing the stylus

I want to replace the stylus, but I can't finf how to get the present one off. Who knows how I can do that?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

This turntable is the same as the Audio Technica AT-PL50. Audio Technica has a replacement needle for those. Should fit the Sony.

Posted on Dec 31, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Go to and type in your turntable model, PS LX250H. The "H" is important. Available is the complete manual, and a separate publication just on removing the stylus and setting EQ. Basically, swing the protector bar down over the needle, and snap the entire (mine is beige) unit down from the tone arm, then pull forward. I'm still shopping for the replacement, frankly.

Posted on Sep 18, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i change a stylus on aiwa PXE88

Hi, Grip the stylus between your thumb and forefinger. Pull the stylus down toward the front. As it comes loose replace the downward motion with a forward one. When fitting new stylus insert the tongue of the stylus into the groove in cartridge. Push it backward into place and then upward. John. Stylus City.

Nov 29, 2014 | Aiwa Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

What year made

I agree, this ain't even a question in my opinion.
and i know that in 80% of this questions , you won't finf a thing.
And give the serial number of the Table, not one code from the distribitor no. which often has also a sticker for his registration.
thx richard
Why do you need to know it btw, broken parts?

Aug 13, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I've got an Audio Technica LP-1240 turntable with a Shure M97xE cartridge. I've had it for several days now, and it's been playing fine. I just got a record cleaning kit (Tonar cleaning brush with a bottle...

A damaged or worn stylus will effect all records not just one. I don't know what D4 fluid is, but if there was some still present on the record it could have got inside the cartridge and done some damage to it.

Sep 21, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer


Look at the cartridge it fits in. That will have a make and number. You can trace the stylus by entering that into Google.

Mar 31, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How do you get the stylus off of a audio technica 11-e cartridge? ive got the new stylus to put on, but i dont know how to get the other one off

the end where the black housing should just slide right off.
so pull on the black plastic and that should come out and just slide the new one back in.

Jul 26, 2010 | Audio Technica Replacement Stylus for...

2 Answers

Need replacement cartridge & Stylus

dont know about New Zealand but you could contact this company and mail order it/ship it to N/Z?

Sep 27, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I need a repalcement for a stylus 402-M208-165

You 'll need to know the brand of cartridge that the stylus is for
Go on line - They have dozens of listing for replacement styli.

Jun 28, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Search for a replacement stylus on my dad's Grundig stereogram RC400GB

This is a VERY VAGUE description. I can name about 30 styli that fit this description.

More than likely the original replacement stylus is no longer available. You'll probably have to purchase a new cartridge assembly. The following should fit your model, however, if you can provide me with the model of your turntable, I can find an exact fit.

- Davis
DJ Pro Audio

Aug 07, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Replacing stylus illuminator

the pop up light? it's not for the faint hearted...

But feels good when you et it, let me know if you have more questions...

Sep 25, 2007 | Technics SL-1210 Turntable

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony PS-LX250 Turntable Logo

408 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers


Level 3 Expert

98879 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4678 Answers

Are you a Sony Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides