Question about Norelco 3601 X Electric Shaver

1 Answer

More a Question Than a Problem

I plan to take this shaver abroad from the US to Ireland and England. May I use a plug adapter, or do I need a voltage converter?

Posted by on

  • MoeMan93 May 21, 2008

    This is an older model cordless shaver, so I'm concerned that it may not take the higher UK voltage.

  • MoeMan93 Jul 08, 2008

    Well, sending me to an ad for an overpriced (as usual) plug adapter at Radio Shack wasn't it.  
    What I wanted to know was if a distorted 220V sinusoidal waveform, which is what you usually get on a solid-state voltage converter, would damage my shaver.  In the event, I wound up taking an even older Norelco that had a 110/220 switch.  I also found that in Britain and Ireland many bathrooms have dual 110/220 plugs that say "Shavers Only."  


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 160 Answers


Posted on Jul 07, 2008

  • Robert McClure Jul 08, 2008

    what answer did you want than moe


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Item is for 220v can it be converted to 120v

no--it cannot be brought down in voltage

Mar 31, 2016 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Hi will the 790cc shaver work in Australia purchased from americabraun

The 790cc shaver has a dual voltage charger and will work with any country's voltage. However, it will almost certainly have a North American plug if purchased in the US. Therefore, you will need a simple plug adapter. You can see one at at the link below

Mar 10, 2014 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

I now live in central america and my charging voltage is 110v to 120v, previously in the UK it was 240v. is there any way that you know of to get around this problem to recharge my two batteries ?

If your shaver is model HQ7830 as indicated in your question, it's charging cord has the ability to charge from 100-240V. You may need a simple plug adapter to fit the wall outlet but that should be all you need

Jun 01, 2011 | Philips Philishave HQ7830 Electric Shaver

1 Answer

I live in County Cork, Ireland, and need a replacement foil & cutter for a Braun electric shaver series 3 340. Nobody here stocks any replacements. Please help.

You will find parts for all Braun shavers on-line at They will ship to you in Ireland at a reasonable cost

Jan 31, 2011 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

I am in Europe and need to recharge my Norelco shaver 5861. Will it damage the batteries if I use an adaptor and plug the shaver into a 220v outlet?

Model 5861 has worldwide voltage capability and can be charged from 100-240V without requiring a voltage converter. If your shaver cord has an American plug, you will need a simple adapter to fit European wall outlets. You will find this item at See link below

Sep 28, 2010 | Norelco Reflex 5861 XL Electric Shaver

1 Answer

Hi there, A friend gave me this shaver but there is no charging cord or adapter. I can probably make my own but I need to know if this shave plugs directly into 110-115 AC or whether there is an adapter...

<P>The 8985 shaver only takes about 7&nbsp;volts.&nbsp; The charger that you are missing can be used with 100-240V and has a transformer in&nbsp;the plug&nbsp;that reduces the voltage to just a few volts to charge the shaver.&nbsp; If you connect 100-120V directly into the shaver, you will ruin the shaver.&nbsp; I strongly suggest that you buy the correct cord.&nbsp; You will find it available at; See link below</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P><A href=""></A></P>

Aug 23, 2010 | Braun 360° Complete 8985 Electric Shaver

1 Answer

I will go in Italy , may I use 220 V to charge my Philishave 5825 ?

If your shaver is a 110/120 V-AC razor, you MUST use a voltage converter that will allow you to charge/use your shaver while on your trip.

I would not reccommend you attempt to use it directly, since you still would need a special cord with a plug for the different outlets in Europe.

Purchase a converter/adapter kit and you can use anything with your existing power cords, with the proper adapters in the kit, without an worries.

Have a great trip and hope you find this Very Helpful. Best regards!

Sep 07, 2009 | Philips Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Wahl Peanut model 8685

yes they make current adaptors for everything these days but you will need to change the regional code to work properly

May 10, 2008 | Wahl 8685 Hair Trimmer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Norelco 3601 X Electric Shaver Logo

Related Topics:

99 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Norelco Health & Beauty Experts

Level 3 Expert

1559 Answers

Robert McClure

Level 2 Expert

160 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Norelco Health and Beauty Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides