- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I do not believe this is a region-free DVD player. I believe it only plays Region 1 or All commercial discs. The manual for the SD-V296 is available from Toshiba here: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/manuals/userguides/su2810535/SD-V296_OM.pdf .
Press the eject button on your Toshiba DVD and insert the foreign disc. A window will pop up informing you that your DVD is a different region and ask you if you would like to convert to this region.
Click "Yes" when you are prompted to change the region. You will only have a certain number of opportunities to change your region. On the last try, your DVD will only play DVDs from the designated region.
Find out the Toshiba model number and use this to research a code that will break the region code assigned to your player. Each player make and model possesses a unique code to break the region code, so make sure you are using the correct one and follow it exactly as it is written.
Press 'hold' for a few seconds.
Pres 7,8,9,OK,0. (or possible ENTER button)
In the left corner you should see a 0.
That is it
OR the following steps
1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Press the 2 button on your remote control
3. Press the 4 button on your remote control
4. Press the 0 button on your remote control
5. Press the 3 button on your remote control
6. Press the 9 button on your remote control
7. Press the 6 button on your remote control
8. Press the 0 button on your remote control
9. Press the Enter button on your remote control to change the
region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 9 for
10. Press the Open button on your remote control to close the drive tray
11. Power off the DVD player
12. Power on the DVD player
Hey! It is possible to convert your Toshiba HD E1 DVD player to region free. But you need some DVD Copy software to help you remove the region code first and then burn it on a new DVD disc. Thus you can play it on your DVD player. I recommend you use this DVD Copy which is very esay-to-use.
If you want to watch your DVDs on PC or some portable palyer, you can use some DVD Ripping Software which can remove CSS protection from DVD and convert DVDs to video palyable on PC. You can have a try of this DVD Ripper.
Hope that helps.
Put DVD into player - wait for regional code violation screen to appear. Once this happens press the M (Memory) button on your remote control. Then press 1 for Title 1 and press play on the remote. This will over-ride the regional code violation detection menu and you can watch the movie etc by entering the fwd on the remote control and change chapters etc by using the T (Title/Chapter) button on the remote control) I found this for other Toshiba SD dvd players, yours was not listed but might be worth a go.