This is the answer of MS:
1. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If
you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type
the password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following command, and press enter.
You will get a "DllRegisterServer in wuaueng.dll succeeded" window.
4. Then, please move on to enter the following commands one by one. A success notification will be received after each command.
Let’s now try Windows Update again and see if the issue has been
resolved. If the issue persists, please collect the following
information for further research.
How to capture a screenshot
1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click the "Start" Button, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.
3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and click "Save".
4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".
5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the
"Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click
Please send this saved JPEG file to my email account at email@example.com
How to collect the System Information
The System Information can provide us with more information about the
current status of the system. I would like to check it for you. Please
send it to me using the following steps:
1. Click the "Start" Button, type "MSINFO32" in the Search Bar and press Enter to start System Information.
2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click "File", and click
"Save", type a file name and then choose NFO as "Save as type", click
"Desktop" on the left pane, and click "Save".
Please send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the file is too large to be sent, please right-click on the exported
file, choose "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) Folder", and then
send the zip file to email@example.com
for further research.
How to collect the WindowsUpdate.log file
1. Click the "Start" Button, type "WindowsUpdate.log" (without the
quotes) in the Search Bar and Press Enter. We will see a file named
2. Now click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".
3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the "Save" button.
The file will be saved to your Desktop. Please send the file as an attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: When attaching files to emails, the process will vary depending
on the email application being used. While you are composing the email,
most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or
Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this
button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select
it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking
on the "Attach" button.
Be careful and do exactly by this manual, or if you are not able to do that maybe call someone who will know that.