The touch screen on my iPhone just stopped working. I can get it to turn on and unlock, but none of the functions on the screen will work. Please help...
The two top rows of my iphone do not respond to tapping. Only half of the screen is working. I restarted (holding power and bottom button) and even restored it (ziphone) and nothing works. plz help!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: iPhone touch screen not working
Have you tryed restoreing the iphone?
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your itunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of itunes.
2. Open itunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in itunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main itunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt itunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, itunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the itunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your phone is frozen, you need to hold the power and the home button together for at least 20 seconds. The phone it´s going to reset then it´s going to show the apple logo and then turn off.
Then press the power button for 3 seconds and wait for the phone to restart.
Ensure that you are using a recommended screen guard. Check for damages on the touch screen. Be sure that you are using your finger and not a pen or something. If none of these things work take it to the nearest apple store for repair.
The touch screen can be replaced easily. You can find a replacement part, as well as a video that explains how to install it here:
I have the same exact problem. I dropped mine, and it landed half on concrete, half on a piece of foam board, and when I got to shut mine off, it will slide to power off, but will not slide to do anything else. Everything works perfectly fine, people calling me, texting me, nothing is broken or cracked, I can't even unlock mine, it's stuck and it's making me very upset! I want an answer as to what I can do and or can't do.