Question about IBM eserver xSeries 200 8479
thank you for the reply.. how do you update the bios? is there a general flash utility of a specific one? do you have the bios file on you? i 'cant seem to download anything from the ibm site.. no idea why...
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2013 | Gigabyte Computers & Internet
Jul 16, 2012 | Gigabyte GA-8SIMLH Motherboard
May 05, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-8I848P-G Motherboard
Apr 13, 2011 | Sony VAIO VGN-SR220J/B Laptop
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
Oct 12, 2010 | ASUS CROSSHAIR Motherboard
Sep 10, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M30 Notebook
Jun 02, 2009 | MSI 661FM3-V Motherboard
Dec 31, 2008 | ASUS P4P800SE Motherboard
Nov 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!