- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There may be thread caught in the bobbin area which is not allowing the hand wheel to turn. Remove the bobbin case and check the hook for threads wrapped around the spindle and/or caught in the hook mechanism. A little clear sewing machine oil in a pipe cleaner is sometimes helpful in freeing threads in this area.
I would. rethread the machine. Make sure the bobbin is inserted correctly but clean the bobbin area and look closely for any threads in the bobbin are before you insert it. Make sure the tension is set correctly and there are not stray threads caught in the tension anywhere along the way.
Try these suggestions
1. Change the needle--use a needle that's for the fabric being sewed
2. Rethread the machine--top --make sure to use every thread guide
3. try a different bobbin--make sure bobbin is inserted correctly into the bobbin case, & make sure the bobbin is turned the correct way in the bobbin case
4. make sure the thread has not come off the thread take up lever
5. Clean under the needle plate & in the bobbin area for lint or threads
try a new needle
rethread the machine top & bobbin
try adjusting the top tension just a touch to see if that helps
clean under the needle plate & in the bobbin area for loose threads
make sure the bobbin is wound correctly & inserted into the bobbin
if there is a thread in the hook area try taking a pair of needle nose pliers to try & get the thread out, if that doesn't work then you might think about taking the machine to a sewing machine shop to have the machine checked since the needle will not go up & down & handwheel won't move
try changing the needle clean under the needle plate & in bobbin area for loose threads & lint try rethreading the machine top & bobbin, make sure to get every thread guide make sure the bobbin is inserted correctly in the bobbin case