Question about Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
I replaced one ink cartridge on my RX500 printer. Got the message that another cartridge needed to be replaced. Pressed the Setup button and then the upper left button next to the LCD screen but cannot get the Replace Ink message to display on LCD screen. Tried pressing the Color button anyhow and then opened the scanner, but the cartridges do not move over so you can replace one.
Shut the printer off for several days and have tried again several times and get the same results.
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Posted on May 20, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 27, 2010 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 14, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Printer
Sep 03, 2009 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 25, 2008 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 28, 2008 | Epson Stylus RX500 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 25, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Printer
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!