- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is bad news, the smell you have noticed from the ThinkPad is most likely caused by an electrical short in the power circuit and the cost of repair would not be a cost effective solution, a replacement motherboard may not be available because of the age of this model ThinkPad.
You maybe able to retrieve your data from the hard drive by removing the hard drive and connect to an USB hard drive adapter then connect it to a working computer's USB port. This computer will see this drive as an external USB hard drive and you can copy the data off this hard drive.
if your OS is Win XP then UR MBR has gone currupt . You will have to reload the windows or at least repair it.
1. in repair you wont lose the data but in fresh loading of OS in C drive will delete your data in My documents and at desk top.
2. if there is some important data there then first retrive it by making ur drive as slave in other PC and then do the format.
Well yes BUT if it is a problem with the LCD then you would need to replace try plugging an external monitor to see if the sizes are normal if they arent then it is definately a problem with the screen resolutions.??