I installed Windows Live OneCare last night on my Compaq Presario V2220 notebook. A few hours later my notebook froze and I had to perform Ctrl/Alt/power button to shut it down. When I went to turn on my notebook this morning, it won’t boot up. Instead it seems to be stuck in a loop:
1. Briefly shows Compaq screen
2. Briefly shows black screen stating Windows did not start successfully with options to start Windows in Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc. Regardless of what option is chosen,
3. Briefly shows Windows start-up screen
4. Shows blue screen stating Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer
It then sounds as if it is shutting down, then starts this process all over again. I recently moved and my original program CDs are in storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right Click the 'Command Prompt' item and click the 'Run As Administrator' option.
In the Command Prompt window, Paste the following command.
You should see a popup that says the command succeeded.
Exit the command prompt and try Windows Update again.
1. Click Start. Choose Run.
2. In the Run box, type: regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
3. Click OK.
why bother, go on the net and search for windows updates. dont use windows but another 3rd party site, they have all the updates to do this. i run my system on the earliest xp windows. i have to load sp1, sp2 and sp3, do you think i am going to wait 3 hours to download all the updates. 5 hours it took with the damn thing keep on switching on and off. now i load 1, 2 and 3, an hour and its all done. then just update for the extras which is malicious software update and a few security updates. ,