Question about Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Under file menu find page setup. Check the margin settings. Compare them to the ones that are in the printer properties. If they are different the jumbled characters are caused by conflicting settings. Try returning to defaults. If this does not solve the problem, check to see what fonts you are using. A page written in a font not supported by your computer will usually display with small boxes or crazy looking characters.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a flashlight and look inside for any debris.
3. If you're willing and physically able, you may also
turn the printer over. Any debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
4. If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the
table, open the printer cover and remove the cartridges.
5. Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris
that could cause this error or problem.
6. If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
7. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power outlet
to reset it.
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and
load some paper. Try to print again.
ns Serif"'>6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 11, 2011 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 20, 2010 | Lexmark Z515M InkJet Printer
Mar 17, 2010 | Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2008 | Lexmark X83 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 11, 2008 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 16, 2007 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Does carriage bash against side when power up? if so encoder strip is dirty or incorrectly seated... plastic strip inside printer lines on it 1cm wide, must sit vertical in slot on carriage
Might be somethin stopping print head from moving along rail, check ink carts are installed correctly and fully, check for paper squashed up left and right inside ends of printer. make sure carriage moves left and right
Try power up without cartridges and just black and just colour cart to eleminate cart faults does error change?
Oct 19, 2007 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 23, 2015 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!