- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After following the document if the issue is not fixed, try this final step
1. Disconnected power cord from back of printer ( while printer is Power on) 2. Press and Hold # and 6 Button together 3. While holding the button, connect the power cord 4. Leave the #6 button after 5 seconds. 5. Follow the instructions to align the printer.
( Hopefully this should fix the issue, else consider your printer as broken unit which cannot be fixed )
If you still get the error message, Your printer is broken. Contact www.hp.com/support and enter 7140xi in product and choose chat or email to let HP know the issue.
error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer. 2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer. 3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF. 2. Open the front cover. 3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover: 4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error. 5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge. 6. Close the cover. 7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited. 8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9. 9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge. 10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited. 11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.
If the 6 flashes are accompanied by an on screen message #5400, this is a "Service Call Error" code.
This code indicates the following;
Internal temperature error 
The solution to this is the following part replacementl
- Logic board ***'y (QM2-1548) *1
*1: Before replacement of the logic board ***'y, check the waste ink amount (by service test print or EEPROM information print). If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, also replace the bottom case unit (QM2-1205) or the ink absorbers (QC1-4222 / 4223 / 4224 / 4263 / 4264 / 4864 / 4221 / 4257) when replacing the logic board ***'y. [See Section 3-3. Adjustment / Settings, (6) Service mode, for details.]
L1-00 is a mirror base feed trouble. Make sure the scanner mirrors move freely. Check for a scanner lock usually underneath the scanner frame to make sure the mirrors aren't "locked". otherwise check the cables and belts in the optics section but do NOT didassemble them without experience doing so. Lubricate scanner rails. Usually caused by accidental scanner lock engagement.
try this reset procedure. Most likely this will work.
Performing a Fault Reset 14 will reset your WorkCentre and will help to clear error codes.
Find the pink Clear button on the Control Panel of the WorkCentre.
Find the button below the word Auto.
Press these buttons in the following sequence: [Clear], [Auto], [Clear], [Auto]
NOTE: All of the lights on the Control Panel should go out and the LED Display should go blank. If the lights do not go out, then repeat step 3 until they do. It may be necessary to increase or decrease the pace of the [Clear], [Auto], [Clear], [Auto] sequence.
Press the [10's] key one time and the [1's] key four times to enter '14' in the LED Display, as if you were to make 14 copies.
Press the green [Start] button.
Press the pink [Clear] button two times.
The WorkCentre should now warm up and come to ready.
If the above steps do not clear the error code, repeat steps 3 to 6 a second time.