Hi my Konica 7022 presented the error code f-35-8 in the middle of a copying process and it says to call service on the display. The thing is I've got no service contract and i need this print working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ensure there is no jam in the fusing unit. Turn copier off. Turn the copier back on while pressing down on the 2 and 5 keys. Select 1, the software switch settings. Using the arrows on the touchscreen, select dipswitch 3-1. Touch the off key. Press return, then turn the copier off and back on. If the code returns, you may have to replace the temperature sensors in the fusing unit.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
F 35-1 pertains to Abnormal Low fixing temp TH1. Try to clean the thermistor and reset the code by entering mode 25, software switch 3-1, make it zero. If the problem occur again, try to replace thermistor. Make sure that AC supply from mains is okay.
Power off the machine. Now hold down the 2 and the 5 and power on. Mode 25 screen appears. Touch the Soft switch tab in the first box on your left you will put a 3 in the middle box you will put a "1" the third box you will change the "1" to a "0". Close out to original screen and power off the machine. Wait 10 second power on should get your ready to copy, if the code does come back DO NOT RESET the machine again! It is indicating a problem the code you are resetting is the fuser and it can catch on fire! That will ruin a perfectly good day!!!
When C-35**,C-38** or C-39**(fusing temperature related
abnormality) occurs, be sure to repair defective parts before
setting DIPSW3-1 to 0. Setting DIPSW3-1 to 0 with defective
parts not repaired results in a fire.
The thermistor TH1 on the fuser unit is coming up as faulty this will cause your f-35-3 error
you can reset it in service mode 25 dip sw3 0 to 1 however i do not do this as there is an issue i would replace both thermistors and look at the fuser unit for wear if in bad shape replace the fuser unit assembly
There is toner/starter spilled onto a sensor near the drum, it mite just need to be cleaned, this sensor monitors the drums abililty to develope a image, if the cleaning does not work it mite be the sensor or the drum. The drum needs to be removed to clean the sensors.
I am not an expert. I am someone that is lucky a lot when I have to fix something. I also had the F28-3 error code. The copier would begin to copy. However, when the unit began the printing process, the error code would indicate.
1) I downloaded the Service Manual (not the user manual) and checked the error code. This is what it says: Abonormal separation spark detected 5 times in 20 ms intervals, 5 times in succession for the same job.
2) I went on-line and found a couple of blogs from techs which stated that it in their opinion, it was one of three things, the T/S Corona Unit; an insulation failure which should be indicated by discoloration and a burnt smell where arcing has occurred; and the high voltage unit.
3) After removing the drum assembly and inspecting around all corona units, I could not see or smell any signs of arcing. So, I inspected the T/S Corona Unit and found one of the wires broken.
4) I removed the T/S Corona Unit, disassembled it using the instructions in the Service Manual.
5) I reinstalled the T/S Corona Unit and gave it a try. So far, so good. Copies normally again and no more error codes.
On most Konica copiers, an F35 error indicates: 1. low temperature of the fuser; and/or 2. open lamp; or 3. open thermo wire fuse; or 4. open thermistor; or 5. or anything heat related at start or warm up.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
My service info doesn't go back that far either, but this procedure should work to reset the code. However, I would make sure there's no toner build-up on the fuser thermistor or thermostat first, otherwise the code will reappear.
Here's the instructions on clearing the code:
Enter the 25 mode by holding down the 2 and 5 keys while turning on the copier. Press the P key, then enter 47, then press P again. Enter 0 and press the Print key. Turn the machine off/on to exit the 25 mode.
If the code reappears, then theres a problem. If it doesn't, you're good to go!