My sony playstation 2 slimline does not allow me to watch dvd's rated "r" and above. how do i reset the password protect, there is no label saying where the reset button is on the back of my slimline consule.Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In settings there is the parental lock code. If Bought Brand new, then the defaut password is usually 1234, so give that a try. After which you can set it to the most allowing setting, which i believe is 8 and then any movie shoud play. However if you have set a password then you either need to reset it with a PS2 format disc.
1. DVD has lots of scratches 2. Regional Settings 3. Incorrect DVD settings for PS2 4. No/Incorrect Disc
1. Clean your discs well and avoid incurring scratches. Place it in its box after use. 2. DVDs have encoding. They are encoded by regions. Thus, you cannot play region 2 DVDs on a US Playstation mainly because the US Playstation 2 can only read DVD that are encoded in Region 1 or those DVDs that are encoded for all regions. Again, US PS2 are region 1 capable. Japanese PS2s are Region 2 Capable. 3. There are a number of settings for the DVD playback of your PS2. First is the rating of the DVD. If you want to watch a rated R movie, make sure your PS2 allows viewing of R movies. You'll be setting this during the first time that you'll be watching a DVD. It's just the same as real theaters. It is also protected with password so you need the person who set it up the first time in order to bypass the rating settings.
4. Put in a DVD first and make sure that it is a Movie. And, check #2.
To reset the parental lock password or disable the parental lock, follow
these easy steps
Turn on your PS2 and
choose the menu screen where you would normally enter the password.
Instead of entering a password, go to the DVD setup menu. Go to "custom
setup" and choose "parental controls".
you are asked for the code or password, press the select button on your
controller and enter the number "7444". Now set the parental lock to
Press "reset" on the front of the
game console to save your settings. When the system reboots, you should
be able to view your previously censored games or DVDs. You will also
have the opportunity to choose your own password, allowing you to turn
the parental lock on and off, either manually or automatically by game
or movie ratings.
I hope I'm not helping a little kid watch naughty movies, lol. Little joke, but the master password your looking for is 7444. Place dvd in when the password comes up, put in 7444, then put in your new password or no new password.