Question about LG WD-14124RD Front Load Washer / Dryer
You guys are great and this site is amazing and saving many a person 100's of $ when sometimes it's just a simple part that needs replacing. Anyway - I have an LG top loader Fuzzy Logic WF-T653A machine that has a 'PE' code coming up about 10 seconds after turning the machine on. I have looked through as many problems of other people's before I bothered you and I saw another person had an 'LE' code problem, could it be the same problem? Many thanks for your help.
PE is a pressure switch problem. Could be a bad switch or it could be that the hose is plugged. The switch looks like a diapharm switch and is located on the main board. It has a black hose that connects under the bottom of the tub. See if that end is clogged. Otherwise you may need a new switch.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
Error Code: PE
I am new to this forum. I followed the suggestion above and blew down the clear, plastic tube, and turned on machine, and walllla, it worked. My wife was amazed. Can\'t thank this forum enough and all the people who posted suggestions and helpful hints.
My machine was working just fine two days ago. Today, it showed PE code and it showed right at the get-go, no water, nothing worked, just PE and the beeping sound.
Hope this helps.
1. Unplugged the machine. Meaning not connected to the wall sockets.
2. I took two screws in the front off
3. I took two screws in the back off.
4. Forgot to unscrew the hose connecting to my sink. So I did that.
5. For my machine, model number above, the round unit is located on the far left side, left to me as I am standing and working from behind the machine.
6. The unit is round, perfectly round, and it is about 2 inches big, maybe 2.5 inches. It is connected to a plug, when unplugged, there are three wires.
7. The unit is sorta loose. This tells me there must be an easy way to remove it.
8. On top of the unit, there appears to be a screw, and it looks plastic-like. I initially wanted to use my screw driver on it, glad I didn\'t.
9. Look closely at the rounded part, it should have three tiny plastic (the whole thing is made of plastic and the ring around it, is also plastic), but upon closer inspection, you will find three little plastic groves, that is designed to hold the unit in place, I bent the plastic parts back, there are three but I only needed to do to two of the plastic prongs and that is all is required to pull the round unit (Pressure Sensor) right up and away.
10. Unit is connected by plastic, clear hose and maybe some other wires, so you can lift it up but not completely, as it is still tied down.
11. You will see a small metal clip, that holds the plastic tube to the Pressure Sensor, use small needle nose. Remove plastic hose, blow down it. Put it back.
12. I didn\'t even put the back cover back on. Just wanted to make sure it works first.
13. I did put the two screws in the front back though. After all the machine will be spinning and doing things at high speed.
14. As I write this, I can hear my beautiful LG humming in the background.
Again, with gratitude. Glad I found the answer and glad I joined this community. Will be posting more in the future.
Posted on Oct 25, 2014
Is making loud noise when the water is draining and spinning
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Mar 26, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Mar 24, 2013 | Washing Machines
Oct 26, 2012 | LG Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Aug 02, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Jun 08, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 08, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2010 | Washing Machines
1,994 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: