Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
LF Error code: LF stands for long fill and occurs when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on.
All washers are designed to operate with a water supply pressure of 20-100 PSI. When the pressure drops below 20 PSI the washer can have the following problems:
* Slow Fill- low water pressure reduces the speed at which water flows into the machine.
o Verify the pressure at all other water sources in the house (i.e. sinks, showers, etc..). If you find other places where the pressure is low, the problem is not with the machine but with the water supply.
* Continuous Fill- The valve may not fully seat under 20 PSI which would allow for a constant flow even when the machine is not supposed to be filling.
o Contact the water company to verify the pressure being supplied to the house.
* dispenser- Needs a minimum amount of pressure to function. May dispense constantly, at the wrong time, or not at all.
o A plumber may need to be consulted if the pressure is found to be too low.
Things you can check :
* Are the Hot and Cold water faucets turned on
* Are the water hoses kinked
o Make sure all the hose are straight and able to flow water
* Are the screen inside the water valve plugged
o Inlet valve should be free of debris and rust.
o Turn off water and remove the inlet hoses from washer.
o Remove any accumulated film or particles.
o Assure rubber washers are in the end of each inlet hose.
o Reinstall hoses, turn on water and check for leaks.
Error codes can be caused by a Power Surge or other electrical anomaly,attempt to return the washer to operation by following the Hard Reset procedure below.
1. Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds.
2. Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet.
3. Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the display.
4. Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
LF means Long Fill, this error flashes when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on OR water has disengaged the basket but control does not detect a water level change. Check whether water supply is connected and turned on. Make sure the hose is not blocked and hose screen is clear. If so make sure pressure hose connection to machine/motor control is fine. Also check the continuity of water inlet valve, use a multimeter to check the continuity. Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Feb 16, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 31, 2010 | Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. Oasis Canyon Top Load...
Jan 24, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
May 29, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Aug 01, 2008 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Apr 07, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Dec 02, 2007 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: