Question about Compaq Presario CQ60-220US PC Laptop
You mean restoring the Laptop to factory settings?
You can do that by following tow ways. You can use Recovery Partiotion of your Notebook (if available) and you can use the Recovery Disk (if you have created). Providing you the steps for both....
Restoring to factory settings by Partition:
1.Connect PC to the AC power adapter.
2.Restart the notebook and Press F11 when HP logo appears.
3. Tap the F11 key as soon as the HP logo appears.
4. On the PC recovery window Select "Ok".
5. On the next screen read the system recovery information and Select "Advanced".
6. Select Destructive Recovery and follow on screen instructions.
7. Restart the notebook when prompted.
In case if the Recovery partition is not working, use the recovery disk. If you did not create the recovery disk, then order it online from following HP link....
Recovery disk order page for CQ60-220US (P/N: NB048UA#ABA)
If you are not able to open the link....
1. Open an Internet Explorer, type www.hp.com
2. In the search bar, type your Laptop's Product Number (P/N)
3. From the left side, click on 'Software & Driver download'
4. Select Microsoft Windows Vista from drop down
5. Click on + beside Recovery Media then click the link.
Instruction to install from Disk:
1. Insert the disc. Turn off the Notebook. Again turn on the Notebook with Disk inside.
2. Press "ESC" key on keyboard twice.
3. You should find one time boot device option.
4. Select CD/DVD as primary boot device and then hit enter key.
5. Now the installation should start.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 13, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Sep 22, 2009 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009
Jul 02, 2009 | Gateway GT5034 PC Desktop
Mar 29, 2009 | Seagate Momentus 5400.3 Hard Drive
Feb 28, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jan 24, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop
May 31, 2008 | Computers & Internet
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: