Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim (PSP-2000) Console
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You cannot play .iso or .cso files (or any homebrew games) on your PSP unless you have firmware 1.5 or a custom firmware. Any "off-the-shelf" firmware such as 4.2 will not support these types of files. They will just show up as "Corrupted Data".
You can go through the process of downgrading your firmware from 4.2 to 1.5, then from 1.5 you may upgrade to a custom firmware such as 5.00 m33-4. Doing so would require a good deal of technical know-how and a LOT of patience. If you do not want to risk ruining your PSP, do NOT try this. Research methods of downgrading such as "Pandora's Battery" and other firmware downgraders.
You were able to download games from the PSP website because they are programmed to play on the current firmware. Even if you were to (somehow) properly convert the .iso or .cso files to an EBOOT.PBP file, it would not run unless you have firmware 1.5 or custom.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
First of all what psp is this is this the PSP 3000?if it is you canot put any cso or iso games in it because it cannot be hacked
but if it isnt try finding a different source of that file and i suggest you just go with iso type games cause it is complete cso games are smaller but they cut some parts of the game to make it smaller
Posted on May 21, 2009
you need to downgrade your firmware to 3.71, have a look at this site it may help www.psp-hacks.com/2006/10/23/psp-iso-compressor-v13/
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 05, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 29, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Aug 29, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Apr 09, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Mar 21, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Jun 13, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jun 23, 2016 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 13, 2017 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: